MMB 2022: Online application opens December 1, 2021
Deadline to apply: January 30, 2022 (Mountain Standard Time)
Morningside Music Bridge (MMB) invites violinists, violists, cellists and pianists between the ages of 12 and 18 for a unique scholarship learning experience. Students from all countries are eligible and considered on an equal basis. Acceptance to the program is based strictly on musical talent.
Carefully review the eligibility and online audition and application requirements.
All interested applicants must submit an online application, including all requirements listed below, through Acceptd Inc (external audition website) by the deadline date.
In order to be considered to the Morningside Music Bridge program, you must:
- Be between the ages of 12 and 18 as of the first day of the program
- Be available to attend for the entire duration of the program.
Application deadline: Completed electronic application and materials must be received by January 30, 2022, 11:59 p.m. MST.
Please submit the audition requirements listed with your application to be considered. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed. Admissions decisions are made based solely on your video submissions. Repertoire choices should show the applicants range technically and musically.
Each audition submission must be clearly labeled with the name of the applicant and of the performing piece.
- Complete Classical Sonata (Haydn, Mozart, Beethoven or Schubert)
- Two contrasting works by different composers of the candidate’s choice from the standard Baroque, Romantic, 20th or 21st Century repertoire. One movement is sufficient if the work is multi-movement. Solo works only, concerted works not permitted.
- One movement of a standard classical, romantic or contemporary concerto
- Two contrasting works by different composers of the candidate's choice from the standard Baroque, Romantic, 20th or 21st Century Repertoire. One movement is sufficient if the work is multi-movement.
*For Strings Applicants: selections may be played with or without accompaniment.