COVID-19 / Coronavirus Updates

Dear Participants, Faculty, Staff and Friends of the Morningside Music Bridge Program

Like virtually all summer program organizations Morningside Music Bridge is closely monitoring ongoing developments worldwide related to the coronavirus (COVID-19). We are committed to the health and safety of everyone in our community from participants, to faculty, staff and audience members.

At this time, Morningside Music Bridge’s programming has not been altered due to COVID-19. The news at the moment does not look encouraging. International travel is dramatically restricted. Many schools including our host school the New England Conservatory have shut down their dormitories, are limiting access to their buildings, switching to online instruction and public concerts have been cancelled. However, we also know that the pandemic will pass and the world will gradually return to a more typical pattern of operations. We are already seeing signs of that in China where the outbreak developed.

At this point in time preparations for MMB 2020 are in place and there is nothing to be gained by cancelling until it becomes clear that we will not be able to welcome everyone to Boston in July. We are fortunate that our start date is July 6 and it is our hope that by then the situation will have stabilized and we will be on our way to a normal summer.  We are aware, however, that circumstances have the potential to evolve given the ever-changing situation surrounding COVID-19.  We will keep in contact. Our participants and artists will be contacted directly should any changes or cancellation become necessary.  

Thank you for your patience and support as we continue to monitor this situation closely.  Please feel free to contact us at should you have any questions. 

Morningside Music Bridge Administration


UPDATE: April 6, 2020

During these challenging and uncertain times, we wanted to provide you with an update regarding the status of our program this summer. 

At this time, we are proceeding as we continue to closely follow recommendations from our governments, and remain in communication with our host partner, the New England Conservatory. 

Our focus is the health and safety of our students, faculty, patrons, staff, and the entire community. And so, we continue to monitor and will remain in communication with all participating students and faculty with updates on the status of MMB as they become available and with a decision no later than the end of April.  

Stay safe.

MMB Administration

Information on Financial Assistance